I've been interested in programming since P7 (aboout age 12) but have always been interested in computers since before then. I always loved being able to make a computer "do something" and I think it's this early childhood passion for computing that's allowed me to stay dedicated to it throughout my life.
I like to take any problem under the sun that someone thinks has no solution or is impossible to solve and try to think of ways of tackling it. If no such problems are known to me at the time I like to busy myself with small projects on the side either teaching myself a new programming language or developing something to make day to day life slightly smarter & easier for me.
Things I've done
I've been part of multiple programming related events such as
- Kainos codecamp 2016 where I won best app award
- Kainos codecamp 2017 as a mentor where 2 members of my group were finalists and one won second place
- Sentinus IT Bursary scheme where i produced a selenium web driver automation solution for dynamic web drivers that cut a 3 man-hour testing task down to a 12 second automated testing task.
- Spoke at the Sentinus IT Bursary awards day in front of over 200 people at Queen's University Belfast giving my perspective on the benefits of the placement scheme
- Future 2017 Hackathon as a mentor where my team won second place with an NHS orientated concept application which i pioneered and designed
- Rolls Royce E-textiles project still in progress where clothing and technology is being combined in new and exciting ways.
- Attended a BCS lecture on collaborative programming by the brilliant Dr Nicola Millard and the dynamic changes that the workplace is expected to see in the coming future
And not to forget, many, many projects coded in my own bedroom 🙂